Open-Source CAE Software
- LibreCAD: A free 2D-CAD software, similar to AutoCAD.
- FreeCAD: A free parametric 3D modeller.
- OpenFOAM: Is a multi-physics simulation software widely used in industry and academia.
Free Online Courses
- A free hands on introduction to CAE using Ansys; this course is designed for people with little or no background in CAE.The course is developed by Cornell University and provided by EDX. Click here to view the course.
- A free practical course for developing CFD code using Python Provided by the Lorena A, Barba Group. This course is aimed at people looking to gain an in-depth understanding of the numerical methods used in CFD. This course requires basic understanding of computer programming. Click here to view the course.